Work @ ProCo
ProCo wish to appoint confident, dynamic and ambitious staff who are ready for a challenge. See below for our current vacancies and follow the instructions to apply. If you have any questions regarding the role please give us a call.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, students and staff here at ProCo.
Current Staff Vacancies
Motor Vehicle Tutor – Full Time
Salary £25k per annum
We are recruiting an experienced Qualified Post 16 Motor Vehicle Tutor. You will teach and train students from 16 years and up in full-time Motor Vehicle courses. Applicants must have relevant industrial experience in the motor vehicle industry, alongside experienced within a teaching environment within a similar course. The successful candidate will contribute to a variety of motor vehicle theory and practical programmes.
Closing date 19th August 2017.
ICT Tutor – Full Time
Salary £26k per annum
To teach, inspire and assess ICT to a 16 – 24 cohort. Provide guidance and support to vocational tutors with embedding ICT functional skills into their curriculum.
- Identify individual learner needs through initial assessment and on going review activity.
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and timetables for the delivery of training sessions for Qualification frameworks. Evaluate training sessions in order to implement continuous improvements and provide feedback. Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and engage in the annual self-assessment and development planning process.
- Ensure that all Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans and Enrichment have embedded Equality and Diversity, and Safeguarding elements.
- To develop a programme that embeds ICT Functional Skills into the relevant vocational areas.
- Manage a caseload of learners and maintain accurate records of progress and achievement.
- To ensure that all learner programme success is timely.
- Carry out assessment duties in accordance with awarding body guidelines; to attend IV/moderation/standardisation meetings and as required.
- To deliver a high quality learning experience using a variety of assessment methods which meet the needs of the learner.
- Where appropriate carry out Quality Assurance duties in accordance with Awarding Body guidelines, to attend IV, standardisation and/or moderation meetings.
- Ensure that the learner needs are addressed by giving the appropriate advice, support and guidance by liaising with Learner Service Officers.
- Take responsibility for on going curriculum development and maintaining and developing own professional expertise by undertaking a range of personal evaluation, training and development activities.
- Possess the skills to engage, motivate and educate individuals using a variety of methods.
- Ensure effective communication – regular reading of emails, feedback from developmental groups and all internal / external meetings.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Management.
1 Know How
- Proven record of teaching ICT.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering ICT Functional Skills.
- Experience in delivering exam based qualifications within ICT
- Possess a Level 5 or above equivalent qualification within ICT.
- Hold a minimum of PTTLS and be willing to work towards appropriate teaching qualifications e.g. CTLLS, DTLLS, Cert. Ed.
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
2 Problem Solving
- Well developed inter-personal skills when dealing with clients, employers, subcontractors, colleagues and other agencies.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise own workload in order to effectively manage a caseload of clients.
- A flexible approach to own working practices in order to meet individual targets and objectives. Ability to work effectively as part of a team in order to achieve team targets.
- A proactive and innovative approach to developing new and existing training programmes in response to client need and new government initiatives.
- Experience of guiding and supporting individuals with a wide range of work related and/or personal issues to maximise client achievement.
- Ability to provide accurate information and data, conduct analysis, draw conclusions and take the appropriate action in order to improve quality and performance.
- Accountable to the Learner Responsive Manager
- Accountable for meeting programme targets as defined by funding organisation and ProCo. Management Team, ensuring a defined volume of new starts on qualification aims in Prep for Life and work, qualification outcomes, Completion Certificates in order to meet contract.
- Production and monitoring of caseload reports for management team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and provision to meet the demand of learners, employers, Ofsted and other external bodies.
Closing date 18th August 2017
ALL POSTS ARE SUBJECT TO ENHANCED DISCLOSURE PROCEDURE.
Application forms and further details available from:
Cheryl Trezise, ProCo. NW Ltd, Prescott Street, Wigan, WN6 7DD.
Email: Cheryl.Trezise@proconw.co.uk Tel. 01942 318099
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies, please.
ProCo. is an equal opportunities employer.
ProCo. encourages its people to balance the demands of their working life with the demands of their personal life to achieve success and satisfaction in both