Level 2 Animal Care Apprenticeships
ProCo offers four different level 2 apprenticeships in animal care:
- Level 2 Animal Care (Pet Care & Retail)
- Level 2 Animal Care (Animal Care & Welfare)
- Level 2 Animal Care (Dog Grooming)
- Level 2 Animal Care (Training)
These apprenticeships cover the skills you need to work in animal welfare, zoos, wildlife establishments, dog grooming centres, pet care and retail, animal training, animal wardens or education and entertainment.
- No formal maths and English qualifications are required.
- Employed in animal care placement e.g. boarding, rescue kennels /pet shops.
- Previous level 1 animal care qualification, where possible.
Method of assessment
All sections of the apprenticeship will be completed in the workplace:
- Practical assessments
- Written assessments
What can I progress onto?
After completing the level 2 apprenticeship, apprentices may wish to progress onto a level 3 apprenticeship.
- Assistant dog groomer
- Farm worker (livestock)
- Horse groomer
- Animal technician
- Assistant dog trainer
- Dog handler
- Kennel worker
- Pet shop assistant