Level 3 Animal Care Apprenticeships
ProCo offers four different level 3 apprenticeships in animal care:
- Level 3 Animal Care (Pet Care & Retail)
- Level 3 Animal Care (Animal Care & Welfare)
- Level 3 Animal Care (Dog Grooming)
- Level 3 Animal Care (Training)
These apprenticeships reflect the skills and knowledge needed to do a job effectively and demonstrate that the Apprentice is competent in the area of work the qualification represents.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English.
- Employed in animal care placement e.g. boarding, rescue kennels/pet shops/grooming/doggie day care.
- Previous level 2 animal care qualification, where possible.
Method of assessment
All sections of the apprenticeship will be completed in the workplace:
- Practical assessments
- Written assessments
- Assistant dog groomer
- Farm worker (livestock)
- Horse groomer
- Animal technician
- Assistant dog trainer
- Dog handler
- Kennel worker
- Pet shop assistant