Level 2 Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship is suitable for learners who would like a career in the plumbing trade.
Apprentices will be taught how to fit water-based systems and products including: sinks, toilets, showers and water radiators.
Some of the units of work include:
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within mechanical engineering services
- Understand and carry out site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
In order to compete the apprenticeship a young person must have a Level 1 or 2 in English and maths or a GCSE grade A-D in each of the following areas: a communication subject, maths, and either a science or technical-base subject.
Once the Apprentice has completed their level 2 apprenticeship, they can progress onto either:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Plumbing & Heating
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Domestic Heating