Level 2 Light/Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeships
The Apprentice can either complete a:
- Level 2 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance Repair
- Level 2 qualification in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Repair
Both qualifications are suited to learners who are keen to build a career in the motor vehicle industry.
The Apprentice will complete the VCQ part of apprenticeship within the workplace and will attend ProCo one day a week to complete the VRQ, Life Skills, and Employment Rights and Responsibilities sections of the apprenticeship.
Method of assessment
VCQ: practical assessments assessed in the workplace
VRQ: online testing taken and practical assessments assessed at ProCo
What can I progress onto?
When an Apprentice has achieved the level 2 apprenticeship, they can then choose to either complete a level 3 apprenticeship or gain full time employment.
- Service maintenance technician with national dealerships
- Service maintenance technician at a vehicle rental company
- Vehicle sales and customer service
- Technician in the fast fit industry