Level 3 Vehicle Repair Apprenticeships
A young person who is interested in a career within the vehicle repair sector can choose from a range of apprenticeships in this vocational area.
The Apprentice can either complete:
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Body Repair
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair – Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
These qualifications are suited to young people who wish to join the motor vehicle industry and specialise in body and paint sector. Ideally, the Apprentice will have some experience in the industry.
The Apprentice will complete the VCQ part of the apprenticeship within the workplace and will attend college one day a week to complete the VRQ, Life Skills, and Employment Rights and Responsibilities sections of the apprenticeship.
Method of assessment
VCQ: practical assessments
VRQ: online testing and practical assessments
What can I progress onto?
When an apprentice has achieved the level 3 apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to sit the recognised DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) approved inspectors course for MOT testing of vehicles, whilst in employment.
- Body shop supervisor/ managers
- Body shop owner
- Smart repair specialist
- Workshop supervisor
- Vehicle repair estimator and assessor
- Supervisor at a vehicle rental company