Hire an Apprentice
ProCo has recruited talented and professional young apprentices on behalf of local and regional businesses for more than ten years. Our apprenticeship programme aims to provide young people, age 16-24 years-old, with valuable industry experience whilst working towards a qualification, which can greatly benefit your business. We currently work closely with local authorities, housing companies and commercial businesses and support apprentices across Wigan Borough and the North West.
Who are ProCo?
If you’d like to get a complete picture of our background, then take a look at our about us page. Otherwise, we can tell you why employers love working with us. As a forward thinking company we’re always looking to improve our services to young people and businesses. We can provide you with the right apprentice for the job, ensuring your business is given a new skilled member of staff that will become a real asset to your business. You’ll be dealing with our senior management team, who are happy to help you and your business in any way we can. ProCo are your new business partner. Let’s talk about how we can help you today.
Why are we different?
We’re different because we’re proactive about our apprenticeship placements and we care about the outcome for your business. We want to challenge the stigma facing the young people we deal with – they can be a real bonus for your business and we’re experts at teaming the right people together. We’re different because we’re unique in our approach. Every business we go into partnership with is treated as an individual – just like our apprentices.
How can ProCo help?
ProCo offers support and guidance for businesses who want to recruit apprentices. We can:
- Help create a job description
- Advertise the vacancy on various websites
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with applicants for short listing
- Provide a learner training programme in accordance with the job requirements
- Assess the apprentice’s progression
In addition to helping businesses recruit apprentices we also provide free training for employers (subject to availability). We offer provision in areas such as: health & safety to help employers upskill their existing employees.
Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE grant)
If your business is in the Greater Manchester postcode you could be eligible for the Greater Manchester New Economy AGE Grant.
To be eligible you must:
- provide a place of work for an apprentice within the Greater Manchester boundary (local authority areas).
- have fewer than 250 employees in the United Kingdom, as recorded by the Employer Data Service (EDS).
- not have employed an apprentice in the 12-month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom you apply for the grant.
- commit to employ your apprentice(s) for a minimum of 12 months on the apprenticeship programme or the time it takes time to complete their apprenticeship, whichever is the greater.
- confirm you are aware of and do not breach any State Aid rules by receiving the grant.
- agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more.
For more information about the Manchester New Economy AGE Grant visit their site.
Apply for a grant here
Apply for a grant for your business in Manchester and gain a new employee with qualified skills.
National Apprenticeship Service AGE grant
If your postcode is outside the Greater Manchester area you could be eligible for the National Apprenticeship Service AGE Grant.
For more information about the National Apprenticeship Service AGE Grant visit their site.
Alternative funding available
Business Apprenticeship Programme (BAP). Employers may be eligible for BAP Grant. You must apply directly to Wigan Council.