Level 1 Certificate or Extended Certificate in Joinery
This is an introductory course into the joinery trade. Learners will be taught how to create basic joints and wooden fixtures, and shown how to work out measurements and follow technical plans.
- Constructing halving joints
- Constructing housing joints
- Constructing bridle joints
- Introduction to construction industry
- Introduction to health & safety in construction
Method of assessment
- Practical assessments
What can I progress onto?
After achieving the level 1 qualification, learners can progress onto a Level 2 Joinery Study Programme or a Level 2 Wood Occupations Apprenticeship.
A qualified carpenter and joiner can earn between £24,000- £31,000 a year.
To become a carpenter or joiner you will need:
- Good practical skills
- An organised approach to work
- An eye for detail the ability to follow
- Good maths skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles