Level 1 Certificate or Extended Certificate in Construction Skills (Plastering)
This qualification gives learners an ideal introduction into the plastering trade. During the course learners will be taught how to plaster internal walls and ceilings and learn different plastering techniques. The learner will also complete theory work.
- Preparing background surfaces and applying render coats
- Preparing background surfaces and applying finishing coats
- Mixing materials and applying floating coats
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Introduction to health & safety
Method of assessment
- Practical assessments
What can I progress onto?
After completing the course learners can progress onto a Level 2 Plastering Study Programme or may wish to progress onto a level 2 Plastering Apprenticeship.