Level 1 Certificate or Extended Certificate in General Construction
This qualification gives learners an introduction into the construction industry. Learners will have an introduction into: Bricklaying, Joinery and Plastering. During the course learners will build their practical skills as well as complete theory work.
- Introduction to health & safety
- Constructing angled halving joints
- Constructing block walling
- Constructing half brick return corners
- Preparing background surfaces and applying finishing coats
- Mixing materials and applying floating coats
Method of assessment
- Practical assessments
What can I progress onto?
After completing the course, learners can progress onto a Level 2 General Construction Study Programme, specialise in a particular construction trade, or they may progress onto a Level 2 Maintenance Operations Apprenticeship.